If you think helping the Friends is all about shelving books, think again. Here are some of the many ways you can help us:
- Staff the Used Bookstore during the summer months (shelving books and helping customers).
- Be a docent at one of the homes on the House and Garden tour.
- Assume project manager leadership of one of our fundraising projects.
- If you have computer skills, help with newsletter layout, electronic records documentation, or the membership database.
- If you have writing skills, help writing newsletter articles.
- Staff our booth at the annual Craft Fair, Marathon Weekend or other events.
- Help with the semi-annual newsletter mailings.
- If you have expertise in specific publications, such as children’s books, help us review incoming donations and freshen our collections.
- If you have artistic flair, consider painting some Adirondack chairs or a table as a raffle prize.
- If you have a strong back, help us move and store cartons of incoming donated books.
- Help staff one of the many programs held by the Library, such as winter movie nights, reading hours for kids, or coaching a team for the Battle of the Books.
Friends of the Library Board Meeting
Friends Bench Raffle winner with bench painted by local artist, Tess Daley
- If you have a photographer’s eye (or just a digital camera!), document our events in pictures.