Schroon Lake Public Library Residency Policy
The word “established” as found in the lending policy of the Schroon Lake Public Library is defined by the Board of Trustees as: a resident of the Schroon Lake area who owns or leases property.
Proof of residency shall be one of the following:
- Valid driver’s license with current address
- Non-driver I.D.
- Current checking account (show check book)
- Rental/typed lease that shows address.
- Utility bill
- Property tax statement
- House or property title or copy of mortgage agreement
- Cancelled mail, postmarked within the last two weeks (mail with a P.O. box is not an acceptable form of identification.
A patron who can produce said documents may immediately, upon receipt of a library card, be welcomed to borrow books, magazines and/or videos.
A patron must be in good standing with no outstanding fines or fees for one (1) month before being allowed to borrow an eReader. At his/her discretion, the Library Director may waive or extend this waiting period.