The Schroon Lake Public Library has three desktop computers that patrons may use. Patrons may sign-up for a half hour time slot, if there is no waiting list, patrons can sign-up for an additional half-hour time slot Computers are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Patrons sign-in at the circulation desk.
Patrons may use their personal laptops and other devices in the library. Sound must be turned off or headphones must be used to listen to audio. Unfortunately we do not have power outlets for patrons to plug into for power. Patrons may use the outlets that are in the meeting room on the first floor as long as the room is not being used for a meeting or event.
Wifi (wireless accessibility)
Wifi is available at the Schroon Lake Public Library 24/7. This service is free but one must get the library’s wifi passcode to access the service. To get the passcode, either stop by the library or call us at 518-532-7737 ext. 13.
Nooks and Kindles
The Schroon Lake Public Library has two Kindles and two Nooks available for checkout. Each device circulates for two weeks with the ability to renew for another two weeks if no one is waiting for the device. Overdue fines are set at $5.00 per day. Each device is preloaded with many popular titles including our latest book discussion group selection.
To borrow an eReader, patrons must be 18 years of age or older, have an established, valid Schroon Lake Public Library card, and have no overdue items or outstanding fines over $5. The eReaders must be taken out from and returned to the Schroon Lake Public Library. No book drop returns please! For these, you have to come inside and hand them to a person. For full details, click on the Using Your Library/Library Policies tab.
BookMyne Mobile App
Want to check a due date or put a book on hold? There’s an app for that! Download the free BookMyne app to get mobile access to our online catalog:
See What You Can Do with BookMyne
- Scan Barcodes: If you see a book you like at a friend’s house or a bookstore, scan the barcode and see if the library has it.
- Access Your Account: Check due dates, place a hold, renew a book – almost anything you can do online, you can do on your device. You can even get alerts when books are due or holds become available.
- Stay Logged In: Ask BookMyne to retain your details, so you won’t have to log in each time.
- Search the Catalog: Search the catalog by author, title, subject or keyword. You’ll see book summaries, cover images, number of copies and more.
- Check Bestseller Lists: See what’s on the bestseller lists, cross reference with our holdings, then place your hold.
- See What Your Friends Recommend: Search the catalog for friend-recommended titles. (Social recommendation engine powered by Goodreads.)
Watch Our BookMyne Video Tutorial